Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday in the Holy City

We were gassed after yesterday's unrelenting schedule.  Connie went to bed at 9:30, I passed out at 10.  We got up this morning and went to an Anglican Church very close by in the Old City.  Most of the 100 or so people in attendance were travelers like us.  Nice service--two hours long.  We spent the afternoon doing laundry over at the college and napping in our hotel room.  It wasn't so different from our usual Sundays, except that I didn't lead services. 

Tomorrow we have no activities until late afternoon so we hope to explore the Old City on our own.  But Connie is thinking of taking the course for credit (we signed up to audit), which would mean she has to take an exam tomorrow.  I told her she should go for it because the 4 semester hours of credit would be helpful in maintaining her teacher's accreditation.  So she's at a study session this evening at the college while I read and blog.

One item for prayer: my right foot is giving me some trouble.  I can walk on it and it loosens up after awhile, but there's a place on the inside of the ankle that's slightly swollen and it's pretty painful.  Our program requires lots of walking and I would like for the pain to go away.  I have no idea what caused this.

Outside my hotel the Muslim Imams are calling people to prayer.  There's a church up the street that rang its bells about an hour ago.  There isn't another city like this anywhere in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure & amazing memories being made. I will be praying for your foot pain to go away. Safe travels to you both!

    ~Candice Behm

    ReplyDelete